Monday, April 29, 2013

Interview with Compoundbreadd

Hey guys!

I interviewed Compoundbreadd recently. So yeah.. Here it is. I hope you like it! :D



Artist Bio:

I just do art for the sheer joy of it; it's the one thing I can count on that provides a place to put all my thoughts and emotions down. It is too much fun to work on style and improvement and character designs, and I hope I bring some happiness to people in the pieces that I draw!

Connect:

Interview:

  1. When did you really start drawing, like taking your art seriously and all instead of simply doodling and what not?
    Shoot, that's a hard question! Well I always liked to draw, like I would trace pictures from books and pause my Bambi VHS (LOL) and draw it, but I'd say I got serious at age 15. It was around when I joined deviantart and I saw all these incredible pictures of people/cartoons mostly, and was just like "I want to be able to do that," and continued to practice and practice to get my style down. I was in art in school so I got to do traditional stuff as well, but I guess it was as soon as I saw what people are capable of and what I could be capable of too, so I just let my mind flow and here I am now!
  2. Hahaha What inspires your artwork?
    Well just being around people mostly! I am always looking around at school and the public just to see people's expressions, their poses; I feel creepy doing it, but where else do I get references beside the people themselves! Also certain artists styles have helped me out a lot! (pugletz, minuiko, palnk)
  3. Yes, I have to agree that other artists can help. Would you say that pugletz, minuiko, and palnk are your favorite artists?
    Oh definitely! I've been watching them the longest that's for sure!!
  4. What's your favorite thing to draw?
    I'd definitely say people in tv shows and book fanart. It's so much fun to play around with their expressions and different designs
  5. Do you still design your own characters still though?
    Oh yeah, that's the funnest part! When I'm in class and too lazy to think of a character from a show, I just wing it and come up with my own design! Character design is probably the funnest part because it lets you be creative and super detailed, like down to what the buttons look like on their shirt. Plus deciding their personality, it allows for so much room to dabble!! 
  6. Haha yep. They sure are fun. :) Do you post any of your OCs on the internet?
    Well I would if I drew them D: I put up some 'oc' like people on my sketch dumps, but like legit characters that I have thought about, I am still figuring out their looks but I definitely will when I do!
  7. Yay! I can't wait to see them. :) What programs do you use? And do you use a tablet?
    I use SAI 4 mac for more detailed pieces (because it doesn't have brush sensitivity and sketchbook express for sketchier stuff. Then I use a Wacom Bamboo Tablet (Create, i think it was) 
  8. Okay. Last question. Do you have any advice that you'd give to aspiring artists?
    Ugh not even enough to fill a book. My main advice would probably be... PATIENCE, and keep focused. Like I would be constantly looking at all these great artists, which is good for inspiration, but then I would get so stressed out because 'mine doesn't look like theirs' kind of stuff. Plus I am a perfectionist. Keep practicing once you have the basics of drawing! DRAW DRAW DRAW. People probably give this advice all the time, but seriously, do it for the fun of it. Don't be obsessed about how many favorites or likes it will get, because if you just do it because you love it without trying to accomplish anything, people can tell. With that mindset, its so much more relaxing, trust me. 

Compoundbreadd's Works:















~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...